- Page 1 of 7
The genetic makeup of the seed is the most important factor in determining the health of the plant, and you’ll want to be sure you purchase your seeds from a reliable supplier. We offer a broad range of cannabis types and can help you find whatever you are looking for – whether it’s for medicinal use or a recreational high.
We understand that beginning to grow your own cannabis can be overwhelming. That’s why we make it easy for you to find the seeds that are the most suitable for beginners. We also offer a support forum where more experienced growers offer their advice and answer your questions. Even if you have a “black thumb,” we can help you grow a successful crop on your first try.
Then, as you develop more growing skills, you can graduate to more difficult strains. We offer seeds for people at all levels of expertise.
Fun facts about marijuana seeds
- You will not be able to tell the difference between the various kinds of cannabis seeds based on looks alone. When you are buying seeds, make sure to purchase from a reputable seed bank, where you can be confident you are receiving what you pay for. Since different strains require different growing conditions, it’s extra important that you know exactly what you have.
- Seeds vary in size a bit. Some are as small as a tomato seed, while others are as big as a pea. However, the most common size is about the size of a match head.
- Omega 3, 6, and 9, which are fatty acids that the human body needs but cannot produce, are found in a near-perfect balance in marijuana seeds. However, they’re also found in standard hemp seeds, so if you are looking to consume seeds for their fatty acids, it’s cheaper to eat regular hemp seeds.
- Researchers in 2007 found cannabis seeds in a 2,700-year-old grave in China. Humans have been using marijuana longer than recorded history.
- A single marijuana plant can yield over a thousand seeds.
- When you are storing your seeds before planting, you’ll want to keep them between 5 and 7 degrees Celsius. Conveniently, this is probably about the temperature of the inside door of your refrigerator. You’ll also want to make sure that they are perfectly dry so that there isn’t an opportunity for mold to grow or for the seeds to germinate before you’re ready.
- Many countries have made it legal to possess cannabis seeds, but illegal to grow them.
- During the Dutch Golden Age of sea exploration, hemp seeds were commonly taken on long voyages across oceans. They had a wide range of uses, including as a nourishing food source.
- The Scythians regularly used hemp seeds in religious rites.
- Many commercial bird foods include hemp seeds. In the UK, many people have heard an urban legend of someone unknowingly growing marijuana in their garden from birdseed that has dropped on the ground.
When you are ready to grow your marijuana plant, the first step is to get your seed to sprout. This happens when a small white tendril comes out of the seed, which is known as the taproot. All of the other roots that the plant grows will come from this first root.
Getting your seeds to germinate shouldn’t be too difficult, but it’s important that you follow the proven methods. You’ll want the seeds to be moist, and warm. These conditions will signal the seed to start sprouting since it feels like spring.
The roots also need to stay continuously moist during this phase. You may want to use a heating pad or an incandescent light to keep the plant warm. Be very gentle when you are checking the seeds, and do not touch the taproot at all. Also, make sure that you plant the seeds with the taproot facing down so that the seedling does not have to reorient itself towards the sky.
As the taproot grows longer, it will push the seed up, and it will eventually break through the surface of the soil or other growing medium. Then, the first tiny leaves, known as cotyledons, will emerge from the seed. The next leaves to follow will have jagged edges.
Once your seeds have reached this stage, the best methods of caring for them change depending on the strain. Check out our more detailed guides, or the forums, for help in growing healthy plants and achieving high yields.
Choosing Marijuana Seeds
When your seeds arrive in the mail, you might be concerned if they are good. Generally, as long as they are dark they will germinate in the proper conditions. If your seeds are pale green or while, they are not likely to sprout.
You may have heard in the past that seeds that can be crushed are not healthy. However, this is not accurate. Those weak seeds can actually produce hardy plants. Just goes to show, you can’t judge a book by its cover!
Generally speaking, you’ll just want to give your seeds healthy conditions and the opportunity to germinate. You’ll find that it’s not too difficult to get going from there.
High-Quality Marijuana Seeds
If you’re ready to start buying cannabis seeds and growing your own marijuana supply, you’ve come to the right place. We offer a wide range of strains, for both medicinal and recreational purposes. Whether you’re a novice or you’ve been growing for decades, we can help you get exactly the seeds you want, so that you can produce a healthy yield.
If you’re used to purchasing prepared marijuana at a dispensary, you’ll be amazed by the quality that you can get when you control every aspect of the growth cycle, from hydration to preparation for consumption.